- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Ice Cream Cake Recipe- Homemade and Easy!
Rate Me Please!
Ice Cream Cake Made Easy
If you are anything like me, you know how frustrated I get when I'm told to bring a dessert for a party or potluck. I'm a mom and I want easy, quick, delicious, and something that is out of the ordinary. Everyone brings cookies and brownies. This recipe is for the quickest ice cream cake you'll ever put together. No baking and no fuss!
- 2 boxes ice cream sandwiches, 12 pack
- 1 large tub cool whipped topping, softened
- 1 jar hot fudge sauce, warmed
- 1 container chocolate sprinkles
These are the text instructions if you need them without the pictures.
It is so delicious, no one will guess that it is made of store-bought ice cream sandwiches
- Line a 13x9 pan with parchment paper.
- Unwrap 12 ice cream sandwichs and layer them along the bottom.
- Spread a thin layer of cool whipped topping over the sandwiches.
- Spread a thin layer of hot fudge.
- Unwrap 12 more ice cream sandwiches and layer again.
- Spread the remaining cool whip topping over the whole cake.
- Decorate with chocolate sprinkles.
This recipe is perfect on its own, but if you wanted to change it up a bit, consider these options:
- Use chocolate ice cream sandwiches
- Crush oreos in the whipped topping that is in between layers
- Crush other candies like snickers bars, reeses peanut butter cups, or almond joys
- Use rainbow sprinkles for the top
- Decorate with gel to write something pretty for a birthday
- Any hard candy will work on the top of the cake
- Add the caramel or butterscotch fudge in the middle in place of the hot fudge