Iced Strawberry Green Tea Recipe
About Iced Strawberry Green Tea
I was raised in Texas, and there is one big thing that everyone loves, and that is their sweet tea. It was a stable in my house as a kid as much as milk; my mom even had one of those ice tea brewers to save time. As an adult, I still love my sweet tea, but I'm always looking for ways to spice it up. I came across a recipe for Iced Strawberry Green Tea on the back of a frozen strawberry package and tried it out. Well, it was good. It was not sweet enough for me, so I did a recipe makeover, which I came up. My family and friends now love this tea, and I'm always asked to bring it for dinner parties.
f you want to keep this recipe healthy, please feel free to use less sugar or none at all or change it how you see fit, and as always, please fill free to leave questions and comments below as I love to hear from you.
What You Need
- For Strawberry, syrup
- 2 c Frozen Sweet Strawberry
- 1 1/2c sugar
- 1 c water
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint
- For Tea
- 1 c Frozen Sweet Strawberry
- 6 c water
- 6 green tea bags
- 2 mint tea bags
- 1/4 c lemon juice
- 1-2 c ice
What You Do
- For syrup. Add everything to a pot and, over medium temp, and bring to a boil. Turn to low, and let simmer until strawberries are soft and the mix is thought. Let cool a bit.
- After the mix is excellent, add to the blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- For tea, Bring water to a boil, remove it from the heat
- Add all tea bags and cover, and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags, pour tea, lemon juice, and strawberry syrup into a pitcher, mix well, add ice and frozen strawberry, and garnish with mint and lemon if you like. Enjoy
© 2013 Brenda