- Food and Cooking
Ins' Cucina: The Easy Beef Spare Ribs Caldereta
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp sesame oil
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 regular size white onions, chopped
1 kilo beef spareribs, cut to desired size
3 tbs Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tbsp ground pepper
4 cups water
2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 carrot, cubed
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 cup green peas
2 tablespoons chopped pickles
1/2 cup liver spread
2 cups tomato sauce
2 tbsp peanut butter
salt to taste
2 tbsp patis or fish sauce
1. Boil beef in a casserole with water, salt and patis or fish sauce until tender.
2. Separate the meat from the stock. Place the stock in the refrigerator for an hour or more or until the fats settled on top of the broth and hardened like white lard.
3. Using a spoon, remove hardened fats from the stock.
4. Heat olive oil in a wok or casserole. Sauté garlic and onions over medium heat.
5. Add the beef and the beef stock with the fats removed. Season with some salt (as needed), Worcestershire sauce, and ground black pepper.
6. Blend in the liver spread, tomato sauce, and peanut butter.
7. Add the potatoes, carrots, red bell pepper, green peas, pickles and simmer until the vegetables are cooked through and the sauce thickened. Serve hot with rice!