- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Cookies & Biscuits
Jack’s World Famous Chocolate Chip Banana Split Cookie Recipe
This Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe will win you raves as everyone gathers over the home. It bakes up perfect every time. This started basically the same as the Original Nestle's® Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookie but I modified it almost 30 years ago with my additions. For lack of a better name I ususally call it my Chocolate Chip Banana Split Cookie
- 2 ¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- ½ t. salt (okay to omit if using salted butter)
- 1 c. unsalted butter
- ¾ c. granulated sugar
- ¾ c. light brown sugar, packed
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, fresh
- 1 12-ounce bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 c. sour cream
- ½ c chopped cherries
- 1 c walnuts
- Heat oven to 350-375 degrees, depending on how hot your oven runs.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, beat butter until soft. Mash the bananas well, then blend into the butter with the sour cream. Then add sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat just until blended.
- Add cherries and walnuts and fold in.
- Gradually add flour mixture and blend well.
- Stir in chips and drop dough onto cool, ungreased cookie sheets, using a Tablespoon or large dinner spoon.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned, do not over bake.
- Cool on wire racks and store in an airtight container.
You'll find that these are very soft cookies so unless they are to be eaten that day it is recommended that they be stored in a refrigerator.
You're invited to stick around for a while and read some of my other hubs on some very special recipes that you just may find unique.