Justin's Artichoke Scramble
This is a quick little omelet or scramble. It's fairly gourmet and very hearty. The Prep is fairly easy and the cooking difficulty depends on your skill with a pan. I struggle with omelets, so I tend to treat this dish as a hybrid.
It is very full of flavor, but not as rich as you might think, even with the artichokes. I recommend no oil or butter, but if you don't have access to non stick, use unsalted butter or olive oil.
- 1 Banana Pepper, sliced
- 3-4 artichoke hearts, diced
- 1/4 hot house tomato, sliced or diced
- 1/4 yellow onion, sliced or diced
- 3 cage free eggs
- 1/5 jalapeno, chopped
- 2 slices thinly cut ham, diced
- rooster sauce
- 1 stem of cilantro, whole
- 1/3- 1/2 cup colby cheese, grated
- black pepper
- heat non stick pan on medium high heat
- prepare banana peppers, jalapeno, artichoke hearts, tomato, onion and ham.
- Toss these in pan, spreading them out as evenly as possible. Add pepper to taste (I usually do three turns on the pepper shaker). Toss in stem of cilantro. Cook 3-5 minutes, or until onions are slightly soft.
- While items are cooking, in separate bowl, combine three eggs and half of the cheese. Add a turn and a half of rooster sauce. Whisk until completely mixed.
- Remove cilantro from pan and pour egg mix over veggies.
- Cook 2-4 minutes, add rest of cheese and then flip or chop eggs.
- cook 1-2 minutes.
- Serve. With toast and/or potatoes to make the meal even hardier.