Kashmiri Chicken Recipe
Kashmir is the Northern Most part of India. It is one of the most beautiful place on earth. One poet said about Kashmir that if there is paradise on earth then it is here in Kashmir. Because of rich culture and history of Kashmir, it has developed its own cuisine and since Kashmir produce the best saffron in the world so saffron is used extensively in Kashmiri Cuisine. Here I am writing one of their chicken dish. I hope you people would like that.
1. Chicken Thighs: 8 skinless and boneless sliced.
2. Seeds of 8 cardamom pods.
3. Cinnamon stick : 1
4. Cumin seeds: ½ Tsp
5. Cloves: 6
6. Black peppercorns: 8
7. Vegetable oil / ground nut oil: 3 Tsp
8. Saffron threads : ½ Tsp
9. Onion finely chopped : 2 small
10. Hot water : 1 Tsp
11. Ginger garlic paste: 2 Tsp
12. Grounded Almonds : 3Tsp
13. Pistachio Nuts : 55 gm / 2 oz finely chopped
14. Yogurt : 250 ml / 9 fl oz
15. Coriander / Cilantro leaves finally chopped : 2 Tsp
16. Mint leaves finely chopped : 2 Tsp
17. Toasted Almonds to Garnish
18. Salt to taste.
1. First of all take seeds of cardamom in a pan and dry roast them. Stir continuously and roast till you get smell of cardamom.
2. Remove the cardamom seeds and now in same pan roast cumin seeds
3. Remove cumin seeds and roast one by one cinnamon, peppercorns & cloves and roast them.
4. Now in a spice blender put all spices except Cinnamon stick and ground them in a fine powder.
5. Take hot water in a small cup and add saffron threads in to it and keep it aside.
6. Heat oil in a casserole over medium heat.
7. To the oil add onions and cook for 8 to 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
8. Now add ginger garlic paste and cook for further 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
9. Now add all the grounded (powdered) spices and cinnamon stick in to this mixture and remove from heat.
10. Add yogurt quickly and whisk hard and then return to heat and cook for another 2 minutes.
11. Now add chicken Pieces.
12. Bring it to boil stirring continuously.
13. Reduce heat to low.
14. Cover the pan and heat on low heat for about 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
15. Now add saffron with water, grounded almonds, chopped pistachio, mint, half coriander and salt.
16. Now cover the pan again and simmer for about 5 minutes or till chicken gets tender.
17. When chicken gets tender, sauce would automatically thicken.
18. Sprinkle with remaining coriander leaves and toasted almonds
19. Serve hot.
More Hubs from me
- Mushroom Bhajji
My personal favourite in vegetables is mushroom. Mushrooms are not only easy to digest but are very healthy. Here I am going to put one easy recipe of mushroom. Mushroom is easy to get and it got nice colour and texture and makes a very appealing dis
- Prawns In Coconut Milk
Sea food is though not something we guys from New Delhi are used to but this is very popular in western coastal regions of India especially in state of Maharashtra. Being coastal area Prawn and coconut are in abundant supply there. One of very tasty
- Chicken Do Piaza
Chicken Do Piaza goes back to Mughal era of India. How did this dish got his name no one knows but it is thought that Mulla Do Piaza ( a minister in court of Great emperor Akbar) invented it but this looks like a myth because Mulla Do piaza was not a
- Chicken Korma
Chicken Korma is a very tasty dish from South of India and since it is from South India so it is full of calories. If you are not watching your weight then you should try this dish. Very tasty and this dish is little dry in consistency as compared to
- Bombay Potaoes
This is a very simple potato recipe. It is used all over India and is basically a side dish but can be used as main dish too. It is very easy to make and makes any food very tasty. People carry this dish during travelling and eat it with puri and man
- Fish Tikka
Fish tikka is one of the authentic Indian cooking. This dish is definitely Punjabi and since there is no sea near Punjab so only fresh water fish is used in this dish. Fish Tikka is famous now in all over India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and in parts of wo