Makes about 28 four inch pancakes.
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups kefir
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons xylitol
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- olive oil
- In large mixer bowl with flat beater attachment or a large mixing bowl with whisk, thoroughly combine eggs, kefir & vanilla. Season griddle with olive oil and bring to medium-low heat. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, xylitol & baking soda. Mix dry ingredients into liquid ingredients until lumps disappear.
- Using a large ice cream scoop or 1/3 cup, fill with batter & drop onto heated seasoned griddle. When bubbles appear, flip with metal spatula. Once golden brown on both sides, remove pancakes & place on wire rack. Serve warm with maple syrup.
© 2015 Molly Brose