How to Make Delicious Kidney Beans and Vegetable Soup
Kidney Beans and Vegetable Soup
A Nutritious and Filling Soup!
Soups are the best starters. They are healthy, tasty, appetizing, delightful, and refreshing. Kidney beans and vegetable soup is a spicy and tangy soup that has crunchy vegetables, boiled kidney beans, smooth tomatoes, and spices.
Dried oregano and coriander powder give a nice flavor to this soup. Serve this soup hot with grated cheese on the top, drizzled with lemon juice. Enjoy this soup on a cold evening!
- 1 cup kidney beans, soaked overnight and boiled
- 1 bowl chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 pinches sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon or less salt, as per taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cheese, for each bowl of soup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Wash kidney beans in water. Soak it in the fresh water overnight or 9-10 hours.
- The next morning, cook the beans along with some water and a little salt. If you are using a pressure cooker, cook it until 3 whistles and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- In a deep bottomed pan, heat the butter. Add cumin seeds. Let them crackle. Add chopped onions and garlic. Saute until the onion gets golden brown.
- Add chopped carrots. Continue stir-cooking over medium-low heat until the mixture becomes soft yet crunchy.
- Throw-in chopped tomatoes. Increase the heat. Cook it until the tomato becomes mushy. Add salt and dried oregano. Mix well. Add cooked beans along with the liquid. Cook for a few seconds.
- Add coriander powder, pepper powder, and sugar. Mix well. Stir-cook it until the mixture becomes thick and loses raw smell.
- Pour 2 glasses of water. Boil the mixture while stirring and cook it for two minutes. Throw-in chopped coriander leaves. Turn of the fire.
- Your favorite kidney beans and vegetable soup is ready! Pour it into four bowls. Garnish with grated cheese. I used mozzarella cheese. The melted cheese blends well with this tangy and spicy soup. Enjoy sipping!
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Carbohydrates 26 g||9%|
|Fiber 11 g||44%|
|Protein 10 g||20%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 32 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|