Kids love this 3-layer Shepherds Pie recipe, made with ground turkey, corn, mashed potatoes
3-layer Shepherds Pie
Kids love this easy recipe! Three basic ingredients is all it takes to whip up a batch of this for your next dinner.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
- 16 ounce bag frozen Corn
- 1 pound frozen or fresh ground turkey
- 5 pound bag Russet potatoes, peeled and cut for boiling
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 pat butter
- Boil potatoes until fork tender.
- Steam or boil frozen corn until done, add a pat of butter.
- Brown turkey in frying pan with salt & pepper to taste.
- In a glass round or oval Pyrex, oven-safe baking dish, layer the corn on the bottom, then add browned ground turkey spread evenly across the layer of corn. Set aside.
- Once the potatoes have finished cooking and are fork tender, drain water. Transfer potatoes to a stand mixer bowl or keep in pot for mixing with hand mixer. Add 1 stick butter, salt & pepper to taste. Add 1/4 cup of milk. Mix thoroughly starting out on low speed, then gradually on high until potatoes are whipped and fluffy.
- Spoon potatoes on top of the ground turkey and smooth out.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Potatoes will brown slightly.
- Serve hot!
Layer corn, browned ground turkey, mashed potatoes!
Warning! Contains Dairy!
|Serving size: Can substitute Lactaid Milk product|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|