- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Pasta Recipes
It Won't Really Kill You!
I make a lasagna that I call "Killer Lasagna". Not because it will kill you but because it tastes so darn good, you would "kill" just to have a piece of it! Not that anyone has ever been harmed, maimed or tortured to get a piece of this noodle dish! I want to share the recipe with you! Enjoy and happy cooking!
Ingredients: *Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1 large package curly lasagna noodles, cooked until al dente
2 large jars spaghetti sauce seasoned with garlic, onion and mushroom
1 large container small curd cottage cheese 4%
1 medium container low fat ricotta cheese
16 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese, plus 1 cup set aside
2 cups grated parmesan cheese
1 pound ground turkey
1 pound ground sausage (low fat if you can find it)
1 large onion chopped
2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/4 each yellow, red and orange pepper, cut into small slices
2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
Garlic powder, Italian Seasoning and Parsley Flakes
1. Boil noodles, rinse in cold water and set aside
2. Saute in a small amount of olive oil; peppers, onion, mushrooms and spinach until soft
3. Add ground turkey and ground sausage and cook with vegetables until meat is done
4. Add spaghetti sauce to meat/veggie mixture, stir to blend well. Remove from stove.
5. Mix all of the cheeses together. Add garlic, parsley and Italian Seasoning to taste.
6. Spray bottom of large lasagna or baking pan with spray olive oil.
7. Put a small amount of sauce mixture on bottom of pan and spread with spatula
8. Layer noodles along width of pan for 1st level.
9. Add parts of cheese and sauce mixtures along the noodles and spread with spatula
10. Layer noodles length wise now, trimming pieces that are too long with kitchen scissors.
11. Repeat step 9
12. Continue alternating noodles until pan is filled to top. Sprinkle remaining cup of mozzarella cheese on top of lasagna. Cover lightly with foil. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.