Korean Style Scallion Pancakes
Did you try it-- What do you think?
A delightful dish to be served as a main course or side... I mix it up with mushrooms, garlic, and hot sauce-- it's such a wonderful, quick and versatile recipe to use!
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced into large peices
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp oil, ( use vegetable or coconut oil for healthiest options)
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- to taste sesames seeds
- to taste black pepper
- to taste red pepper flakes
Put it together!
- Slice the onions. Mix egg, flour, soy sauce, water, sesame seeds, and worcestershire sauce in medium-sized bowl.
- Heat oil in medium skillet with pinch to tsp. of red pepper flakes. (omit if you don’t want spicy pancakes)
- When oil is hot, pour in batter to make one large pancake or two small ones by halving the batter.
- Top with green onions and drizzle sesame oil over batter.
- Cook until edges are done and pancake is beginning to look solid (3-4 minutes), flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with pepper and serve.