Kue Sus Isi Ragout Ayam Recipe (Chicken Cream Choux Puffs) Recipe
Kue sus isi ragout ayam is an elegant and tasty snack with creamy, cheesy and savory chicken fillings. This snack is Indonesian adaptation of famous chicken cream puffs or choux pastry. The filling is made of chicken, carrot, peas, cheese and milk.
It is eaten as snack between meals, appetizer or even as dessert on special gatherings or events. It is served with hot spicy sauce or sometime with fresh hot chili. This finger food is available widely in the local bakery or small eatery.
If you are looking a savory cream puffs then kue sus isi ragout ayam could be a good choice. Here is how to make savory chicken cream puffs at home. It's very easy to fix.
What You Need
5 tbsp butter
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup water
a pinch of salt
1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup frozen carrot and peas
1/2 cup chopped onions
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp cooking oil
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground white pepper
2 tbsp flour
How to Fix
- In a saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil.
- Shift the salt and flour. Then add salt and flour to the boiling water-butter mixture. Lower the heat to simmer. Stir the mixture until it is smooth and thick.
- Remove from the heat and let it rest about 5 minutes. Then add the eggs, one at a time. Make sure the egg is incorporated before adding another egg. Stir well until the mixture/dough is well blended and smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Prepare greased baking sheets/pans.
- Drop 1 or 2 tablespoon of the dough 2 inches apart onto the baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown then lower the heat into 325 F. Continue to bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- When its cold enough to handle, make a slit on the side of the puff.
- To prepare the filling: heat a skillet over high heat. Add cooking oil, onion and garlic. Stir-fry about 1 minute or until fragrant and soft. Then add peas and carrot. Continue to cook about 2 minutes or until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Pour the milk in. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to medium-high. Add the cheese, flour and chicken, salt and pepper. Continue to cook with stirring until the filling is thickened. Taste and adjust the flavor if necessary. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
- Spoon the fillings into the puffs.
More Indonesian Recipes
- Indonesian Oxtain Soup Recipe (Sop Buntut)
- Easy And Quick Indonesian Fried Pastry With Ground Beef Fillings Recipe (Martabak Telor)
- Sundanese Raw Vegetable Salad With Spicy Peanut Sauce Recipe (Karedok)
- Beef Liver And Potatoes In Spicy Chili Sauce (Sambal Goreng Hati)
- Indonesian Potato Croquettes Recipe (Kroket Kentang)