You'll be licking your fingers off.
Ingredients For Cake
- 125g margarine
- 250ml sugar
- 2 extra large eggs
- 60ml milk
- 375ml cake flour
- 5ml baking powder
- 1ml salt
Ingredients For Chocolate Syrup
- 350ml sugar
- 80ml cocoa powder
- 190ml water
- 20ml margarine
- 500ml desiccated coconut
Instructions For Cake
- Beat margarine and sugar together.
- Add the eggs and beat well until light and fluffy.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt to the mixture.
- Spoon the batter into a large greased oven dish.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees celsius (356 degrees fahrenheit) for 35min.
- Once the cake is out of the oven, cut it into squares while the cake is still warm. Leave to cool.
Instructions For Chocolate Syrup
1. Mix sugar, cocoa and water together in a pot and bring to a boil. Stir constantly.
2. Now add the margarine.
3. Dip the cakes in the syrup while still warm, but do not soak the cake.
4. Roll the squares in coconut and leave to set.
Always sift dry ingredients.
Cut the cake into squares while in the oven dish.
Pour half of the syrup into a seperate container to dip it, and leave the rest of the syrup on the hot oven plate so it doesn't get too cold. Pour the rest of the syrup into the container when needed. The syrup becomes too sticky to work with when it cools down.