- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Pasta Recipes
Lasagna With Oven-Ready Noodles.. No Boiling Required !
How did I start making this lasagna recipe ?
My Husband and I will be married for 5 years this coming October, and together for 10. When we got together he knew that I didn't really enjoy cooking ,and he would be making most of the meals. Especially since he has a background as a chef ! However I do need to cook something for him once in a while for a special occasion.. anniversary...birthday..etc. So I have found a really easy way to make Lasagna, his favorite meal.
Laying out my ingredients
- 2 boxes Barilla Oven-Ready Lasagna Noodles, or any brand you choose
- One 15 oz Container Ricotta Cheese, I used Part Skim but you can use whatever you like
- 1 lb Mozzarella Cheese, I grated my own but you can also buy the pre grated
- 3 large cans pasta sauce, this can varry, just make sure you have enough sauce, better to have more than not enough
- 1 container grated Parmesan cheese, already grated or grate your own
- 1.5 lbs hamburger meat, Or any kind of meat you wish.
Preparing the ingredients
Prepare the ingredients
- Grate the mozzarella cheese and set aside in a plate or bowl.
- Brown your meat on the stove. Drain excesses liquid / grease and put back in the pan.
- Open up all your noodles, sauce cans, ricotta cheese container..etc. Have everything ready to go before you start layering your Lasagna
- To prepare the pan I put sauce on the bottom , and layed down one layer of the oven-ready noodles
Layering the Lasagna
How to layer the lasagna
This step is pretty simple. You will use each of your ingredients in each layer of the lasagna. I always start off by putting sauce at the bottom of the pan before the first layer of noodles. This will make sure the lasagna doesn't stick to the pan. Start with the noodles, cover them in sauce, then sprinkle the meat over the noodles and sauce evenly , but make sure you don't use too much since you have to use them for the other layers. Sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese and then the parmesan cheese. Lastly place dollops of the ricotta cheese evenly over the surface as well. Then you are ready to place your next layer of noodles. Press the new layer of noodles down onto the ricotta cheese and repeat. Keep layering in this way until your ingredients are used up. Be sure to leave a little extra meat and cheese to sprinkle on the very top.
I cooked this at the temperate suggested on the noodle box, 375 degrees for one hour. Cook for 45 minutes covered with tinfoil or a cookie sheet. For the last 15 minutes cook uncovered to melt the cheese on top. When you take it out let it sit for 15 minutes. Then cut into squares and serve !