- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Spinach Lasagna Recipe: Quick & Easy
Shop for Lasagna Pans
Prep in 15 Minutes!
Although it takes an hour in the oven, you can prep it 15 minutes, as long as you have all the ingredients on hand. This recipe is perfect for the busy cook. You can put it in the oven, then help the kids with homework or watch the news while it bakes.
Another alternative is to bake it on the weekend, then reheat it on the day you want to serve it for dinner. Lasagna tends to taste better the next day!
- 9 No-Cook Lasagna Noodles
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 jars marinara sauce
- 8 ounces frozen spinach
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella
- basil, oregano, salt, and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Saute onions, mushroom, and garlic over medium heat. Use a bit of water to avoid pan sticking.
- Stir in spices, salt & pepper, and spinach.
- While the spinach mixture cooks, cover bottom of the lasanga pan with marinara sauce. Place three lasanga sheets on top of the marinara.
- Remove spinach mixture from heat and stir in the ricotta (right in the pan).
- Spread half of ricotta mixture on top of lasanga noodles.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of shredded cheese over ricotta mixture.
- Repeat layers, ending with marinara and cheese one top.
- Stand two toothpicks in lasagna, cover with foil.
- Bake for 50 minutes, covered. Then, remove foil and continue baking for 10 minutes.
- Allow lasagna to stand for at least 15 minutes before serving.
If you have fresh spinach on hand, omit frozen spinach. Instead, layer fresh spinach on top of ricotta mixture.
The toothpicks keep the foil from collapsing on top of the lasagna while baking, keeping the cheese on the lasanga instead of attaching to the foil.