Leftover Roast Beef Ideas - Sub Style Sandwiches
Leftover Roast Ideas
You have cooked and served your family a delicious roast for dinner. As usual, a ton of leftovers remain. Now the question is - what to do with all this leftover roast beef?
Sure, you can make the usual beef stew or vegetable beef soup, but why not try something different and super easy to make? My answer is to go buy some sub style rolls and try out some of these delicious sandwich ideas.
***Note: Don't forget to save a container full of your roast beef broth to create all these yummy sub style sandwiches. You will need the broth to heat up the roast making it super tender for your sandwiches.***
Roast Beef and Cheese Sub Sandwich
How to Make Roast Beef and Cheese Sandwich
Warm Roast Beef and Cheese Sub Sandwich
A delicious sandwich to make is a simple roast beef and cheese sub. Buy some sub style rolls and your favorite kind of cheese. Our family's favorite cheese is provolone to top off our roast beef sandwiches.
How to Prepare:
- Save a container full of the broth used in making your roast. Shred the roast into smaller pieces and cook the meat with the broth in a skillet on medium heat on your stovetop.
- Once the roast is heated through, use tongs to put roast in sub style rolls and top with your favorite kind of cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake sandwiches for about 5-10 minutes. Keep an eye on them - when cheese is melted all the way through your roast beef sandwiches are ready!
French Dip Sandwich
Another variation to the warm roast beef and cheese sub sandwich is the french dip sandwich. You will use the same easy steps above to create this sandwich.
After cooking the roast in the broth, use a ladle to fill up small bowls with the broth. Serve individual bowls to each family member. The broth makes the sandwich really tender. Your family will love it. Super easy and super delicious!
Don't Forget the Side Dishes!
Every delicious roast beef sandwich needs a good side dish. Here are some suggestions for easy side dishes to serve your family:
- Chips and Dip
- French Fries
- Baked Potatoes
- Baked Beans
- Cole Slaw
- Potato Salad
- Pasta Salad
Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
Another delicious sub style sandwich we have made is the philly cheese steak sandwich. Pretty much the same as the roast beef and cheese but this one is made with onions and green peppers. Mushrooms are also a great addition to this sandwich.
How to Prepare:
- Same steps as roast beef and cheese sub but add the onions, green peppers, and mushrooms into the broth when warming up the roast beef.
- When the veggies are tender, use tongs to fill up the sub style rolls. Add provolone cheese to top of sandwiches.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 5-10 minutes. Keep an eye on them - your sandwiches will be ready when the cheese is melted on top.
Leftover Roast Poll
What do you usually do with your leftover roast?
Now the next time you cook a roast for your family, save the leftovers and turn them into delicious sub style sandwiches. These recipes are super easy to make and quick to throw together if you don't have a lot of time to make dinner. I hope you found some great ideas for your leftover roast and that your family enjoys them!
I would love to hear feedback in the comment section below. How do you use your leftover roast? Any other great recipes? Feel free to share your ideas!