Lemon, Dill and Garlic Couscous
Couscous is so easy and quick to make and add something different to the meal. For those that are bored with traditional sides try couscous.
I usually buy plain boxed Moroccan couscous. I recommend following the direction on the package. I usually however use broth instead of just water. It add a base to the flavor that you can add on to.
- Moroccan Couscous
- 1 Lemon
- Fresh Dill
- Roasted Garlic
- Vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Follow the water to couscous ratio on the package. I use a low or no sodium broth. For this recipe I like to vegetable stock.
- Add 1 tbsp of unsalted butter (you can used salted too) and some crushed roasted garlic,(I usually use 3 to 4 cloves but I love garlic) To the pot of vegetable stock
- Let the stock mixture come to a boil, add couscous and take off the heat and cover for 5 to 7 min until all the water is absorbed and the couscous is fluffy.
- Mix couscous gently with a fork, then chop a few sprigs of fresh dill, and squeeze the juice of one lemon into the couscous. If you want a more lemon flavor you can zest some of the lemon. Gently mix and serve immediately.
- Serve with your favorite veggies.