- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Lemon, Dill and Garlic Couscous
Couscous is so easy and quick to make and add something different to the meal. For those that are bored with traditional sides try couscous.
I usually buy plain boxed Moroccan couscous. I recommend following the direction on the package. I usually however use broth instead of just water. It add a base to the flavor that you can add on to.
- Moroccan Couscous
- 1 Lemon
- Fresh Dill
- Roasted Garlic
- Vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Follow the water to couscous ratio on the package. I use a low or no sodium broth. For this recipe I like to vegetable stock.
- Add 1 tbsp of unsalted butter (you can used salted too) and some crushed roasted garlic,(I usually use 3 to 4 cloves but I love garlic) To the pot of vegetable stock
- Let the stock mixture come to a boil, add couscous and take off the heat and cover for 5 to 7 min until all the water is absorbed and the couscous is fluffy.
- Mix couscous gently with a fork, then chop a few sprigs of fresh dill, and squeeze the juice of one lemon into the couscous. If you want a more lemon flavor you can zest some of the lemon. Gently mix and serve immediately.
- Serve with your favorite veggies.