- Food and Cooking
Lemon Souffle Recipe
Rate this recipe
How to make lemon souffle!
This is a very easy to follow and delicious recipe for lemon souffle. Lemon souffle is a creamy, cold dessert that requires no baking.
- 3tbsp Gelatine
- 2tbsp boiling water
- 2 large eggs, whites and yolks seperated
- 2oz caster sugar
- Lemon zest, finely grated lemon skin
- lemon juice, both the zest and the juice can come from the same lemon
- 1/4pint fresh double cream
- 1 1/2oz walnut pieces, chopped
- whipped cream, to top the souffle
Recipe for lemon souffle
- Place a 4inch strip of folded grease proof paper round a 1 pint soufflé dish ensuring that the paper stands about 2 inches above the edge of the dish. Tie is on securely. Brush the inside of the strip with olive oil.
- Dissolve the gelatine in the boiling water stirring to make sure it is fully dissolved
- Whisk the egg yolks and the sugar together until very thick and pale. Gently whisk in the gelatine, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Leave in a refrigerator until the mixture is just beginning to thicken and set
- Whisk the cream until it begins to stiffen. Beat the egg whites until they stiffen
- Gently fold the lemon mixture into the cream. Fold in the beaten egg whites
- Pour the mixture into the prepared soufflé dish. Chill the soufflé in the refrigerator until it sets
- To decorate the soufflé remove it from the dish when set and gently press the walnut pieces round the edge of the souffle
- This soufflé can also be topped with whipped cream