Lemon and Garlic Chicken Recipe
Lemon And Garlic Chicken
A very healthy and easy to make recipe. Chicken being the white meat is good for health. It has very less calories if you take its skin out. Very low on cholesterol so it is good for heart and vascular system. Lemon and garlic give this chicken a unique taste. Children love this one and since it is easy to make so it can be made quite frequently.
1. Chicken breasts: 4 boneless and skinless.
2. Olive Oil: 4 Tbsp
3. Onion: 1 large
4. Garlic: 6 cloves
5. Rind of 1 lemon.
6. Zest of 1 lemon.
7. Juice of 2 lemons.
8. Flat leave parsley: 4 chopped finely.
9. Flat leave parsley to garnish
10. Pepper to taste
11. Salt to taste.
12. Lemon wedges
13. Bread to serve.
1. Take a very sharp knife and slice the chicken breasts.
2. Take care that the chicken slices should be very thin.
3. Take a heavy bottom skillet or pan and heat oil in it.
4. Finely chop the onion.
5. Add to heated oil.
6. Cook for 5 minutes or till softened.
7. Make sure onions are soft and not brown.
8. Now finely chop the garlic cloves and add to onions.
9. Cook for half a minute more.
10. Now take the thin slices of the chicken and add to onions.
11. Cook for about 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
12. Now chicken must be tender and onion should have been brown.
13. Grate lemon rind and add to chicken.
14. Add lemon Juice.
15. Keep heating and soon it would bubble.
16. Now deglaze the skillet by scrapping and stirring all the bits on the bottom of skillet by wodden spoon.
17. Make sure lemon juice is well mixed in everything.
18. Now take the skillet from the heat.
19. Add parsley and stir.
20. Add Salt and pepper according to taste and stir again.
21. Now transfer this dish in to a warm serving dish.
22. Now sprinkle with pared lemon zest.
23. Garnish with parsley.
24. In a separate plate or bowl keep the lemon wedges so they might be squeezed on chicken.
25. Serve with chunks or crusty bread for mopping up juices.