- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Bacon Double Wrapped Chicken with Lettuce
Click thumbnail to view full-size
- Cook Red Leaf lettuce until tender, cool and chop. Then drain water and put in a bowl.
- In another bowl or same one, beat 1 raw egg, 2 chopped/sliced green onions and add chopped lettuce.
- Slice chicken breast thin and paste on the egg mix, not putting too much or it will spill over.
- Add cheese to the center. I used sharp cheddar.
- Slowly roll the chicken breast and wrap with 1 uncooked turkey bacon strip. You can use pork bacon.
- Using another turkey bacon strip, wrap the other end, making a little package and poke a toothpick through each one to hold bacon in place.
- You can use an oven. I put mine in a frying pan on medium heat, placed them all in over 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cooked for about 15 minutes on each side.
- When done, serve over white rice, mashed potatoes or salads. These taste great hot or cold.
NOTE: When serving, do not forget to remove the toothpick.
- 1 head Red Leaf Lettuce, Chopped and cooked
- 5 Chicken Breasts, Sliced in half makes 10
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 2 Green Onions, Chopped or sliced
- Cheddar Cheese, Sliced or shredded
- 20 strips Turkey Bacon, Wrapped
- 10 Toothpicks
- 2 Olive oil, Tablespoons