- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Shellfish Recipes
Linguine and Clam Sauce Recipe
Vote for Linguine with Clam Sauce!
Recipe in Rebus:
Start water to boil for pasta. Mince garlic & set aside.
remove parsley leaves easily by running a fork through them
cover. Shaking vigorously intermittently, cook until all clams open--about 5-8 minutes
meantime, be sure to cook linguine until al dente
once clams pop, remove clam mixture from heat, and sprinkle parsley
return to stove to reheat quickly, and...
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
Ready in: 30 min
Yields: Serves 2
- 1½ lb. clams, manila are a good choice
- ½ - 1 cup white wine, dry is best
- 9 oz linguine, I like the pasta from the refrigerated section
- ½ cup olive oil
- Handful Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 - 5 cloves garlic, minced
How to Do It:
- First, start the pasta water to boil, and scrub the clams thoroughly.
- Peel and mince garlic, and set aside.
- Clean and chop parsley leaves, and set aside, too.
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan.
- Add chili pepper flakes.
- Add garlic. When this sizzles---
- Add wine.
- Add clams.
- Cover with tight-fitting lid. Shake frequently & vigorously while clams cook. They should pop open in about 5-8 minutes. Remove from heat when they do--discarding any unopened clams.
- Cook pasta to al dente. Drain.
- Back to the clam sauce. Add parsley...
- Add the linguine..
- Return the whole of it to the stovetop, and briefly reheat...
- ...Plate and serve! A Caesar salad is a great addition, as is a chuck of garlic bread....wouldn't you know it...I have one in my recipe "box" right here at HUB pages. Feel free to surf and serve...and buon appetito!
add a salad, and some bread and you are all set!