Thanksgiving Cranberry Chutney
This is a low cost cranberry chutney recipe that is ridiculously easy to make. It works well with Thanksgiving turkey.
I created this chutney recipe after reading an article on how to make Thanksgiving less stressful. I bake a turkey every year and cranberry chutney goes right along with it.
Canned or Fresh?
Do You Make Your Own Cranberry Sauce/Cranberry Chutney?
Ingredients for Chutney
- 2 8-oz bags/cartons Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Walnut pieces
- 1 Sliced apple
- 2 stalks Celery
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Orange, Juice from Orange
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground ginger
- Add all ingredients to food processor and chop until pieces are between 1/2 and 3/4 inch in size. If it begins to dry out, add a little water.
- Put ingredients in a saucepan and cook on medium, stirring frequently until the liquid starts to congeal.
- Cook slowly until the chutney is tender. Heat through and then cool. Can be frozen until Thanksgiving. Serve hot or cold.