Learn How to Make a Luxury Simple Mouth-Watering Country Apple Slice
Luxury Mouth-Watering Country Apple Slice
Mouth-Watering Apple Slice
Learn how to make a gorgeous apple slice.
This country apple slice recipe is one of my originals. I tweaked a recipe many years ago, after my serious childhood addiction to Mr Kipling country slices.
I decided to make a country style slice of my own and have never looked back.
You can also replace the apple with glace cherries, extra sultanas, or raisins and make different country slices for all occasions.
- 2 Tsp Pudding spice
- 350g Sugar of your choice
- 510g Self raising flour
- 120g Butter
- 1 Cup Rasins/Sultanas mixed
- 2 Diced apples
- 2 Large eggs beaten
- Add everything into a large pan or mixing bowl saving approx 5 grams of the sugar and a teaspoon of the pudding spice for the topping later, and mix it for a few minutes with a fork, until everything is completely mixed together.
- Ideally you will want a tray approx 20 x 25cm with a sheet of baking paper in the bottom greased and the tray greased. Add your contents to the tray and fork it over until it is nice and even.
- Bake it in a fan assisted oven on 175c for 40 minutes or until the top starts to look slightly browned, and a fork comes out clean when inserted into the centre.
- Sprinkle the slice with sugar and add a fine sprinkle of the pudding spice that you saved in step 1.
- When the apple slice is cooked you can serve it warm or cold, on its own, or with a lashing of whipped or double cream, or alternatively custard. Extra cinnamon can be added afterwards if you are a cinnamon lover.