Making Cheese Scone at Home
These scones have every little thing you wish for in a cheese scones. They're light, full and fluffy of cheesy goodness. The trick is not to deal with the dough excessive and work quite promptly. You'll be awarded with an awesome scone if you can do that. Serve with lashings of butter for that indulgent treat. Perfect for picnics, afternoon tea or elevenses.
- 250g Semi-Hard Butter, Out from Fridge for 30-35min
- 30g Sugar, Fine or Caster
- 1 Egg, 60g-70g
- 500g Self-Raising Flour
- 230g Milk, Approx 1 Packet
- 1/2 tsp Salt, Optional
- 100g Cheddar Cheese, Can Use Raisins or Nuts to replace
- Cream butter and sugar at slow speed until just blended. Approx. 1 min. Do note: If over blend, butter will be very melted and it will result the cheese scone to be Crispy.
- Add in the egg and mix well. Scrap down the mixing bowl to dislodge any butter residue at the bottom of the bowl.
- Switching mixer to slow speed, add in the self-raising flour, salt and grated cheese. Pour in the milk,
- Knead to form a dough and let rest for 20 minutes onto a floured working surface. In the meantime, Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Roll out the dough to about "1 inch thick." Flour a round cutter of 1.5 inches in diameter to cut out the dough, by tapping it sharply so that it goes straight through the dough. Gather leftover dough to cut out as many scones as possible.
- Place the scones on a greased baking tray and brush the top with milk.
- Bake the scones at 200 degrees C for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
|Serving size: per Cheese Scone|
|Calories from Fat||63|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 7 g||11%|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Check out others nice recipe
- Making Trdelnik Pastry at Home
An easy quick recipe to make your own Polish breakfast pastry - Trdelnik at home