- Food and Cooking»
- Beverage Recipes
Making Ripened Plantain Banana Fry at Home
Banana is one of the most common fruit which is used by a large number of people in different countries. Bananas are also cultivated across different countries and in countries where bananas are not cultivated; it is imported from other cultivating countries. Bananas have become a common ingredient in most of the diets and it has its own health benefits which have increased the demand of banana worldwide. Bananas come in different types as there are a lot of different species of banana with varied taste and odor.
Banana is often eaten when it is ripened and ripened bananas are one of the tastiest fruit in the world. Raw banana are also used for preparing special dishes, but ripe banana is the most favorite. Different countries use bananas in different ways either as a fruit or as a cooking ingredient. A wide variety of dishes and recipes can be made out of raw and ripe bananas, which has increased the popularity of bananas.
Here I will like to explain about banana fry which is made with ripe bananas. This is one of the simplest dishes to make and is also one of the tastiest things made from banana. The best banana species used for making banana fry is Plantain banana, which is considered one of the healthiest breed of bananas. The plantain banana can be used in a variety of ways and frying it is one of the most common way we use it in Kerala, India. In Kerala, plantain banana is commonly known as ethapazham and is cultivated in a large extend.
Making banana fry from plantain banana is very much easy and here are the steps that are involved in making delicious banana fry from plantain banana.
1) Get ripe plantain banana.
2) Remove the skin of the banana.
3) Create gram flour paste by mixing adequate gram flour with hot water and stirring it until we get a loose paste.
4) Cut the banana vertically into 2 or 3 pieces.
5) Boil cooking oil (coconut oil preferred for better taste) in a cooking vessel.
6) Immerse the banana piece into the gram flour paste and take it out, so the banana piece completely gets covered by gram flour.
7) Place the gram flour covered banana pieces into the boiled cooking oil and let it be cooked there for few minutes.
8) Take the banana piece out when you can see a change of color on the gram flour present on the banana pieces.
Now your plantain banana fry is ready and you can serve this delicious food item to your friends and relatives. You can add a yellowish color to the banana fry by adding any natural color recipe. Make sure that you take out the banana piece from the cooking oil at the right time so that it gets more crispy and tasty. It is always better to serve this item when it is hot, as it is tastier when it is hot.
So if plantain banana is available near your market, then you should definitely try this amazing dish and surprise your guest with its superb taste.