- Food and Cooking»
Spicy Malibu Rum Cocktail
Rate My Red Rum Hot Pepper Cocktail
Fresh and Spicy Cocktails
When good health is on your mind, but that party sounds way too fun to miss out on, add a little fresh fruit juice with a kick of hot pepper to the mix! Malibu Rum offers a sweet coconut flavor that when blended, stirred, or splashed in fruit juices becomes something pretty amazing. Then, be brave by tossing in the heat of a hot chili pepper only to discover a whole new dimension to fresh squeezed cocktails! The best part, just a little goes a long way in flavor as well as fun!
The Virgin Version of My Red Rum(less) Hot Pepper Cocktail
If you are not a rum drinker, or are just not a drinker at all, simply replace the Malibu rum with coconut milk. You can use the fresh stuff right out of the coconut, or pick up a can of coconut "water" at your local market. I have even used in a pinch (just make sure it's the non-alcoholic kind). Piña Colada mixer
How Can a Rum Cocktail Be Healthy
I realize that when we think of keeping our bodies healthy, alcohol is not at the top of the list for most of us. However, the reality is that most people are going to drink some kind of alcohol at some point in their lives. when done in moderation, there is nothing wrong with a little buzz to settle the nerves or raise your spirit. So, when the urge to enjoy life with a cocktail in hand pops up, give yourself some peace of mind by with hot peppers, mint, and fresh squeezed whole fruit juices. Let these truly fresh ingredients— which are high in potassium, minerals, vitamins, capsicum, and water content—help you ward off the after effects of that amazing pool party you have planned for this summer vacation. Bottoms-up, not literally of course!! drinking Malibu Rum cocktails
Ingredients for a Fresh Squeezed Hot Pepper Cocktail
- 1 (2 or 3) ounce Malibu Rum, Chilled
- 1 cup of Cranberrys, spun down in blender
- 1 bunch Peppermint, Fresh
- 1 Jalapeno or Inferno Chili, Fresh
- 1 Whole Apple, Fresh cored and spun down in blender
- 1/2 Lemon, squeezed, leaving 2 sliced wheels with seeds removed
- 1 Orange, Fresh squeezed with seeds removed
- 1 cup ice, Crushed or cubes
Let's Make a Spicy Red Rum CocktailClick thumbnail to view full-size
Malibu Rum Drink Recipe (the secret formula)
- Cut, core, juice, and slice all of the cocktail ingredients that require prepping. Measure a cup of fresh or frozen cranberries. (Cut the cored apple in chunks.)
- Toss all of the prepped ingredients into the blender along with 6 or 7 fresh mint leaves. Pulse the ingredients, then give them a good spin on the "smoothie" setting for 10-15 seconds.
- Pour in the ice cubes and then the rum.
- Toss in as many of the hot pepper wheels that you desire. NOTE: Start with one pepper wheel, then blend and taste the drink; adding more for a bigger punch of heat if needed. (Adding more heat if needed sure beats suffering because you put too much hot pepper in to begin with.)
- Blend on "smoothie" setting until the mixture of ingredients gets nice and frothy. I lift the center removable section of the blender lid to allow more air to get incorporated into the mix.
- Pour the cool frothy cocktail into a chilled glass. Garnish with a sprig of peppermint, a lemon wheel, and a hot pepper wheel. Serve immediately.
Red Rum Cocktail Garnish
A Cocktail Garnish Tells The Story
What Makes the Cocktail Garnish so Important
Some bartenders (who shall not be named, but you know who you are) will put a menagerie of fruits, leaves, and foul weather gear on the rim of a beverage, much of the time having no regard for the importance of such decorative clues. Every drink garnish has a very important job to do, of which the bartender should embrace! This delicate blend of this suspended décor is delivered to the consumer as an offering, a warning if you will, as to what the cocktail recipe might contain. As with our Red Rum Hot Pepper Cocktail today, that tiny sliced wheel of chili pepper serves to clue-in the drinker that a "swat" of spicy-heat is in their very near cocktail future!