Mango Cheesecake Recipe
Recipe for Mango Cheesecake
Creamy, rich and tangy, this baked cheesecake is easy to make and will impress your friends and family. The recipe calls for just three packages of cream cheese, making it more budget-friendly than recipes that call for five. The flavors of mango and Key lime subtly hint of the tropics.
In the United States, homemade cheesecake is usually made with commercially produced cream cheese, although an even more delicious cheesecake can be crafted with homemade cream cheese. In Italy and Peru, cheesecake is often made with ricotta cheese.
A springform pan submerged in a water bath (to evenly distribute oven heat) produces a beautiful cake. Serve mango cheesecake with a garnish of fresh raspberries or mango slices. Enjoy!
More Sweet Treats:
- Dark Chocolate Bark with Carmelized Nuts & Sea Salt
- Chewy Blondies With Dark Chocolate & Salted Caramel
- Moist Chocolate Cupcakes With Buttercream Frosting
- Homemade Butter Caramels With Pink Sea Salt
- Mini Bundt Cake Recipe: Blackberry & Lemon Mini Bundt Cakes
- Tangy Mango Lemonade
- Tropical Fruit Salad from GlimmerTwinFan
- Quick & Easy Vanilla Panna Cotta
- Frosted Sugar Cookies
Mango For Your Complexion
Making your own mango face pack using a ripe mango is easy and quick to do. Mangoes are extremely refreshing and beneficial to the skin and will leave skin feeling soft, supple and moisturized. Try Ripe Mango Refreshing Face Pack by SuzieHQ today!
Tips for Perfect Cheesecake:
- To prevent cheesecake from cracking: avoid overbeating the cream cheese filling, especially after adding eggs.
- After about an hour of baking, when the cheesecake's center is only slightly jiggly, turn off the oven and leave the door closed until cheesecake has cooled to room temperature.
- Refrigerate cooled cheesecake overnight.
- Since mangoes vary in sweetness, adjust sugar to taste.
- For lower fat cheesecake: Substitute Neufchatel for cream cheese.
- Substitute 1/3 cup sour cream and 1/3 cup milk for the yogurt or Kefir.
- For gluten-free cheesecake: use gluten-free vanilla cookies crumbs for crust. Substitute superfine sweet white rice flour for the unbleached flour.
- Cheesecake freezes well. Be sure to wrap it well in foil and plastic wrap or a large freezer bag.
- Drizzle Exotic Wild Berry Sauce over cheesecake to switch things up.
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, finely ground
- 2/3 cup salted butter, melted
- Blend cracker crumbs and butter until well combined.
- Press buttered crumbs onto bottom and sides of 9 inch springform pan.
- Refrigerate crust while making cheesecake batter.
Ingredients for Cheesecake
- 3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup Kefir or yogurt, vanilla or plain
- 1 1/4 cup white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Key lime juice, fresh
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup mango puree (see recipe below)
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cream cheese, yogurt, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Using a hand mixer, beat on medium speed until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add flour and beat until just combined.
- With a spatula, scrape the batter into springform mold with chilled crumb crust.
- Combine 1 cup of mango puree and one egg yolk.
- Spread mango puree over cheesecake. Using a spatula, swirl puree into the cheesecake batter.
- Nestle springform pan inside a larger, rimmed baking dish. Slide into preheated oven. Pour water into large baking dish until halfway up the springform pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until middle of cheesecake jiggles just slightly when shaken. Turn off oven and leave cheesecake inside until it cools to room temperature.
- Chill cheesecake in refrigerator at least 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve: Slide a knife between cheesecake and springform pan. Remove sides of pan and transfer cake to a platter. Cut into 12 wedges and garnish with reserved mango puree and mango slices or fresh raspberries.
Due to the variability of natural ingredients, start with less sugar and add more if necessary. This recipe yields about 2 1/2 cups of mango puree.
- 3 cups mango cubes, fresh or frozen
- 1 Tablespoon Key lime juice, fresh
- 1/2-1 cup white sugar, or to taste
- Place mango cubes, half of sugar and lemon juice in a blender container.
- Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust sugar.