This recipe is tangy and delicious. It gives drab plain carrots (which I love) a little bit of a kick. This is a fabulous side dish for meat loaf and mashed potatoes. It really tickles your taste buds.
- 2 lb carrots, scraped and cut into circles
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced thinly into rings
- 1 large Vidalia onion or sweet onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 10 oz can tomato soup
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- Boil the carrots in salt water until they are tender crisp.
- In a casserole dish or baking pan, layer carrots, then bell peppers, then onions.
- Blend all other ingredients together and pour over the carrots, onions, and peppers.
- Cover with a lid or aluminum foil. Refrigerate overnight. This will keep for days.