Marshmallows are every childs favorite candy to snack on, not only kids love it but adults do to. Marshmallow is whipped to a spongy consistency and then cut into small cubes or piped like I did you can do any shapes to suit you. If you told me you dont like marshmallows then I will think your crazy.
- 1/2 Cup Icing sugar
- 2 Cups Caster Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Gelatin
- 2 Cups water
- 2 Egg whites
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1/2 Cup Corn Flour
- Grease a tray or pan. Place sugar and 2 cups of water in a pan with medium heat. Bring it to boil.
- In 1/2 a cup of water add a drop of vanilla essence and 2 tablespoons of gelatin mix well and keep it aside for 5mins.
- Once your sugar has come to boil add the prepared gelatin and cook for 3-5mins or until gelatin is combined in the sugar syrup. Turn off heat and let the mixture cool completely.
- Beat egg whites with electric beaters until stiff peaks form. Slowly add the sugar syrup and vanilla essence while beating, beat for 10 minutes or until mixture thickens and becomes glossy.
- Pour the mixture into the pan or pipe it on the tray using piping bags. Chill for 1 hour until firm.
- Combine the icing sugar and cornflour in a bowl, then spread over a tray. Cut marshmallow into squares or take the piped marshmallows and roll each in icing sugar and corn flour mixture. Leave it for 1 hour to dry. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy
- Do not pour the hot sugar syrup in the beaten egg whites.
- Make sure your sugar syrup is completely cooled down before adding.
© 2014 Asweeni's Kitchen