Tasty and Spicy Bitter Gourd (Karela)
Benefits of bitter gourd
It helps in improving digestion and immunity. Also a good medicine for diabetic and cancer patients.
It's fresh pods are an excellent remedy for curing respiratory problems like asthma, cold, cough, etc.
- 400 grms Karela, peeled and cut in round shape
- 2 Onion, Chopped
- 3 Garlic
- 1" Ginger
- 4 Green Chilly
- 4 Tomatoes
- 1 big Spoon Carry Powder
- 1 big spoon Souf Powder (Fennel)
- 2 big spoon Jaggery, gratted
- 1/4 cup Emali ka Rass (tamarind juice)
- 1/2 spoon Red Chilly
- 3 big spoon Oil
- Peel Karela and cut it in round shape and wash it in hot water.
- Make paste of Garlic, ginger and green chilly.
- Heat the oil in pan, put Heeng and then chopped onion and Garlic, ginger and green chilly paste and saute it.
- Then put Carry powder, Red Chilly, Sauf powder and pieces of Karela in it and again saute it.
- When Karela is half fired then put Tamarind water and Jaggery in it and cook it for another 2 minutes.
- Katta Meetha Karela dish is ready now to serve.