Mediterranean Chicken Thighs
Greek food, to me, is all about fresh flavors. This quick recipe totally delivers.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon or allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/3 cup olives, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled & diced
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place chicken in a bowl and add oil, vinegar, and spices. Let the meat sit for a few minutes to get the chill off.
- While the chicken is marinating, chop olives, onion, tomato, and cucumber and place in a bowl. Add lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Place in fridge to let the flavors marry.
- Heat a grill pan with a little oil or cooking spray until it gets very hot (I used the "8" setting on my stove). Place the chicken in the pan and sear each side - about two minutes.
- Move the chicken to the oven to finish cooking. This should only take about 10 minutes.
- Place the chicken on plates and top with the veggie mixture. I like to spoon a little bit of greek yogurt on first so that the topping has something to stick to.
This recipe is pictured alongside my Easy Garlic Rice Pilaf. The flavors go great together!