How To Cook Beef Menudo
Preparation In Cooking Menudo
Hi everyone! Being a wife I really enjoy to stay home, and my favorite place at home is my kitchen, I love my kitchen it should be well arranged and a lot of cabinet or more room to stock all my stuff such as masala, or any spices that I need during cooking.
Again I'm here to share some of my favorite dish that I really love to eat, actually I learned this recipe from one of the chief cook of my auntie restaurant in the Philippines. I tried to follow his method in cooking but still I cannot make it.
The preparation see below:
2 lbs Beef (meat cut into cubed)
1 lbs Beef Liver ( cut into cubed)
4 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
1 medium Onion (finely chopped)
1 large Potato (cut into cubed)
2 medium Carrots (cut into cubed)
1 red Bell Pepper (cut into cubed)
5 cloves Garlic (minced)
3 pieces Chicken Sausage (cut into cubed)
1 small box Raisins
1/4 teaspoon Sugar
2 small cans Tomato Sauce
2 tablespoon Liver Spread
3 tablespoon Lime Juice
3 tablespoon Vegetable or Canola Oil
1/2 cup Water (add more if needed)
2 Bay laurel leaves
Salt to taste
- Marinate the meat, and the liver with separate container or bowl in lime juice and soy sauce to add flavor and to tenderized the meat for about 30 minutes.
- In cooking pot, heat the oil, saute the garlic and add onion until golden brown.
- Add the meat and stir let simmer until tender.
- While the meat still cooking, heat some oil on frying pan to fry the potato until golden brown.
- Add bay leaves, pepper, and tomato sauce and waters to the meat and stir all together.
- Then add carrots, bell pepper, sausage, raisins stir then leave it for 10 minutes.
- Add the liver including the marinade. Let simmer for 5 minutes
- Add liver spread leave for another 10 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
- Ready to serve with hot biryani rice or hot pandesal.