Mexican Seven Layer Dip
Seven Layer Dip
A Zesty Layered Dip
This is a spicy Mexican dip that includes so many of the fabulous toppings of a taco. The flavors blend together and compliment each other fabulously. This dip is incredible scooped up with your favorite tortilla chips. It is easy to make and requires no cooking. The more of this dip you eat, the more you want. It is a great way to get your Mexican food fix while have a family get together, picnic, or party.
- 16 oz can refried beans
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1 cup Mexican style cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup green onions (scallions), sliced thin
- 1 small can black olives, sliced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce, optional
- 1 cup guacamole, optional
- In a small bowl, mix the can of refried beans with the taco seasoning. Spread it in the bottom of a 9 inch pie pan.
- Layer remaining ingredients over bean mixture. If you decide to add lettuce, let that be the top layer. If you add guacamole, add that right after the beans.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Serve with chips or crackers. Yum!