Mexican Stuffed Peppers: Quick, Easy, Healthy, and Elegant
Perfect for busy weeknights, guests, or kids.
These mexican stuffed peppers have all the flavor and taste of a complex recipe without the stress. Serve with tortilla chips, salsa, and sour cream to tantalize your mexican lover's tastebuds!
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 3 TBS Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Carrot, Diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Cup Long grain rice
- 2 1/4 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup Greenbeans, chopped
- 1 can Black beans, drained
- 4 Multi-colored Sweet Bell Peppers, Halved and seeded
- 1 block Spicy Colby Jack Cheese, Shredded
- 1 can Zesty Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can Green Chiles, chopped
- Tortilla chips
- Sour cream
- Brown the meat. Set aside.
- Simultaneously, in a skillet, heat up the olive oil, and brown the garlic and carrots for about 3 minutes.
- Add the rice, stirring constantly and brown three minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the chicken broth and chiles. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and let sit 15 minutes.
- Add the green beans and black beans and let sit for 5 more minutes.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes and browned ground turkey.
- Boil the halved peppers for five minutes and then place in a baking dish.
- Spoon the rice and meat mixture into the peppers and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add cheese to each pepper and let heat through another 15 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips and a dollop of sour cream and salsa.
|Serving size: 2 halves|
|Calories from Fat||81|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 9 g||14%|
|Carbohydrates 19 g||6%|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 14 g||28%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|