Mile High Nachos Recipe
I'm always telling people how delicious my husbands' nachos are so I decided to reveal his secret recipe. But shh, please don't tell him. I named them "Mile High Nachos" but as you can see they aren't really a mile high.
When he makes these there is usually enough to feed four people. We will make this for dinner and it usually fills everyone up to the point where everyone is saying, "I'm so full, I can't eat another bite." Someone always manages to finish them, however.
Mile High Nachos are always good to serve as an appetizer when you have a large crowd over or as a snack while watching television.
Do You Like Nachos?
- 2 pounds of lean ground beef fried and drained
- 1 can of re-fried beans
- 1 large onion chopped or sliced
- 1 large green pepper chopped
- 3 tomatoes cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup of black olives
- 1/2 cup of green olives
- 3 - 4 cups of grated old cheddar cheese
- Sliced Jalapeno peppers ( either fresh or jarred) As many as you like
- 1 Super Size bag of Restaurant Style Tostitos Chips
Let's Build The Nacho Mountain
- Preheat your oven to broil and have the rack in the center of the oven.
- We use either an extra large pizza pan or when we are making a smaller batch we use a baking stone.
- Start by covering the bottom of your pan with Tostitos Chips. Layer all the ingredients starting with one cup of the cheese. Build it like you would like lasagna until all the ingredients are used up.
- Pop it into the oven for approximately ten minutes or until you can see that all the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven, let cool a few minutes, serve and enjoy.
2 ripe avocados
1 TBS. of lemon or lime juice
1TBS. of cilantro
1/4 cup diced onions (optional)
1/4 cup of finely chopped tomatoes (optional)
Cut the avocados in half and remove the seed. Scoop out the avocado with a spoon and put into a bowl. Add the lemon or lime juice and mash to a smooth consistency with a fork. Mix in the onions, tomatoes, and cilantro.
Sides to Serve
Bowl of Salsa
Bowl of Sour Cream
Alternatives Ways To Make Nachos
For a different flavor try making these nachos with ground chicken or leftover roasted chicken. Use up your leftover turkey or make meatless nachos and omit the meat altogether.
Here's a recipe for something a little different than your average nachos. They are called Irish nachos and are made with potato chips and bacon rather than tortilla chips and ground beef. I must say they are pretty tasty.
- The World's Best Salsa Recipe
A simple yet delicious salsa recipe.
- Recipe Mexican Lasagna
Lasagna lovers, here is an easy recipe that will make your appetizer the hit of the party. Mexican Lasagna is easy to make and tastes delicious. Make as a side dish to go along with Mexican food or you can have this as the main course served with tor
© 2011 Susan Zutautas