Mindy Jo's Salsa Recipe
This is for a canned version of Salsa, and Salsa Verde' . You can also make it fresh too!
- 7 quarts Tomatoes
- 5 cups onions
- 2 cups green and red peppers
- 1 cup Jalapeno
- 1/2 cup Garlic
- 5 teaspoons give or take Jonny's Seasoned Salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 cup Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- Bring ingredients except tomatoes and cilantro to a Boil uncovered,gently boil about 15 minutes or until desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes & cilantro and bring back up to a gentle simmer for 15-20 minutes
- Ladle hot salsa into hot, sterilized pint canning jars, leaving a 1/2-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims; adjust lids. Process in a boiling-water canner for 15 minutes (start timing when water returns to boiling). Remove jars; cool on racks.
- Variation Green Salsa:Use 15 cups chopped green tomatoes in place of the red tomatoes. Cook tomatoes 15 to 20 minutes after mixture comes to boil, stirring frequently and cook, covered.