- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Mini Banana Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes
The only thing better than a full sized cheesecake is a delicious bite sized mini cheesecake. If you have family that likes cheesecake you might be able to get by eating only a slice or two of a whole cheesecake. However, if no one eats it chances are you will eat the whole thing yourself. I prefer these cute mini cheesecakes, because they are perfectly proportioned and quick and easy to bake.
These mini cheesecakes are perfect for one person, for sharing at work, or packing as a light and delicious dessert. For a quick and easy cheesecake dessert these mini banana chocolate chip cheesecakes are perfect.
A great blend of flavors that each complement each other, these mini banana chocolate chip cheesecakes are sure to be a hit. If you are looking for something a little more elegant they can be topped with strawberries or strawberry sauce and served on a plate with the wrappers removed.
Add approximately 30-45 minutes to the ready time. The cheesecakes have to chill and set in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
Tips for Making Cheesecakes:
Whether you are making a full size or mini cheesecake these tips will greatly increase your likelihood of creating perfect and crack free cakes.
When preparing the cheesecake:
- For best results, use regular cream cheese unless the recipe specifically calls for low-fat or fat-free products.
- Make sure batter is smooth and free of lumps before adding any eggs.
- Grease the bottom and sides of the springform pan to prevent cracking.
- Open the door as little as possible, the drafts can cause cheesecakes to crack.
- Check for doneness at the minimum recommended time to prevent burning.
- Use a springform pan that seals tightly and is not warped.
Serving and storing cheesecakes:
- For maximum flavor let chilled cheesecake stand for 15-30 minutes.
- Slice cheesecake cold to prevent cracking.
- Store for up to 3 day in the refrigerator for best flavor.
Many of these tips are meant for a whole cheesecake, but you can easily transfer many if not all of these tips to your mini cheesecakes. Instead of greasing your muffin tin for your mini banana chocolate chip cheesecakes, muffin liners work great.
Ingredients for Cheesecake Crust:
- 1 cup crushed Graham Crackers
- 2 Tbs. Brown Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 2/1/2 Tbs. of melted Butter ( I used the stove on low heat to prevent burning)
Ingredients for Cheesecake:
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese, (Make sure it's room temperature before using)
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 1/3-1/2 cup Chocolate Chips, (Depending on your chip preference)
- 2 Bananas, (Approximately 1/2 cup pureed)
*Note: To keep the bananas from browning, peel and puree them right before you are going to mix them with the cream cheese and sugar.
- Mix all of the cheesecake crust ingredients together.
- Fill muffin tin with paper muffin wrappers and press crust mixture into the bottom.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (You only want the oven preheated for 10-15 minutes before placing your cheesecake in the oven)
- Cream together cheese, sugar, vanilla, and pureed bananas until lumps are completely gone.
- Add egg taking care to not over beat.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until edges are slightly puffed and center jiggles slightly.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes to let the middle set and move to the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to completely cool and set.
- Serve and Enjoy!