Mini Sausage Rolls With Plum Sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 250gm pork mince
- 250gm chicken mince
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsely, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp frsh sage or thyme, finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 sheets ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten for glazing
- 1 jar of plum sauce, to serve
- Place the breadcrumbs and the milk into a bowl and leave for 5 minutes until the milk is fully absorbed into the breadcrumbs.
- Place the pork and chicken mince into a blender or food processor with the milk absorbed breadcrumbs, onion and the egg. Process all until very well combined. Stir in the fresh herbs and ground pepper through the mixture, cover and then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place 1 sheet of the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut lengthways so it forms into two sheets. Spoon a quarter of the filling along the centre of each pastry strip, and brush one of the long edges on each with the beaten egg. Fold the pastry over the filling and roll up to form a log. Repeat this, to make 4 logs.
- Preheat the oven to 180*C (356*F) and line a large baking tray with non stick baking paper or spray with cooking oil.
- Place the logs onto the tray. Glaze the tops of the sausage rolls with the beaten egg (sprinkle with some sesame seeds for an added crunch and flavour). Cut each of the logs into 10 sausage rolls. Then place the trays into the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden brown. Whilst cooking, warm the plum sauce up. Serve the sausage rolls warm, with the plum sauce.
You can make these a couple of days in advance, then refrigerate and just reheat in a preheated oven at 200*C for about 15 minutes. You can also freeze these, but uncooked for up to 4 weeks and then cook from frozen.