- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Mini Vegan Mocha Pudding Pies
For the Crust Lovers
If you're one of those people that picks the crust off of the edge of the pie pan, this recipe is for you.
I will warn, this isn't your typical graham cracker crust; this crust is loaded with a key nutrient, omega 3 fatty acids.
Omega 3 Agents
One Crust Loaded with Many Good Things
I've been reading up on omega 3 fatty acids, and I learned that walnuts and chia seeds are great sources for this important nutrient.
If you haven't heard yet, omega 3s are considered a good fat, and it's a good idea to try and squeeze good fats into our diet whenever we can.
They are complex nutrients that give us long-lasting energy.
Some other plant-based foods that consist a high number of good fats are avocado, coconut oil, nuts, seeds, and even tofu.
Instant Pudding with only 3 Ingredients
- Silken Tofu
- Cocoa Powder
- Coffee Syrup
I've been using silken tofu a lot the more I try to maintain a vegan diet, and I am so amazed at how easy it is to work with.
The flavor of silken tofu to some is very strong, but I promise, it's easy to work with. This is the second time I've made a sweet treat with silken tofu, and I find that adding some sweetness helps a lot.
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 6 tbsp Coffee Syrup, divided
- 1.5 cups silken tofu
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Grease a 6-count muffin tin with coconut oil.
- Combine the oats, walnuts, chia seeds, and 3 tbsp of coffee syrup in a food processor or blender. Then press the mixture into the muffin tin.
- Combine with silken tofu, cocoa powder, and 3 tbsp coffee syrup in a food processor or blend. Then, evenly divide the mixture among the muffin tin.
- Allow the mini pies to set in the fridge for about 25 minutes, and then top them with whatever you like.
© 2017 Sarah