Minnesota Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya
Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya
- 1 sausage, sliced
- 1 package shrimp, de-tailed
- 1 package zatarains jambalaya rice dish
- 5 small sweet peppers, sliced
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, sliced
- 1 can progresso vegetable soup tomato
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1 package southwestern blend corn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- melt butter in 3 quart frying pan with lid. Add sliced sausage. Brown. Add water and rice mix to water, bring to boil, cover and reduce heat to low for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put shrimp, sliced peppers, sliced onion, tomato soup in bowl. Set aside.
- Start up slow cooker. Set on warm and for 8 hours. Place your bowl of shrimp mix in slow cooker.
- When rice is done, add to mix in slow cooker.
Some Interesting Facts
The shrimp were frozen. The tomato, peppers and onions were raw. The corn mix was microwaved for 5 minutes. The hot dog was sliced and browned in butter. I rinsed the tomato soup can out and added the water to the hot dog slices and added the rice dish. When rice was done, I added it to the ingredients in the slow cooker.
Now, it just has to merge and cook together. Should be ready by the time my hubby gets home from a fishing trip tonight, and is hungry.