- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Cookies & Biscuits
Mocha Chip Cookies
These delicious chocolate chip cookies taste like they've been dipped in a mocha latte! Do I really need to say more? They bake up soft with slightly crisp edges and tend to disappear within a few hours. The type of chocolate chips used add very different characters to these cookies so try several to find the ones you like best. My favorite are white chocolate, but dark chocolate are especially delicious as well.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules, regular or decaf
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 bag chocolate chips, about 12 oz. Milk, dark or white
- Preheat oven to 350'F. Line 2 cookie sheets with foil or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat butter with a stand mixer or an electric hand beater until smooth.
- Add brown and granulated sugars and beat until fluffy.
- In a small bowl or mug dissolve the instant coffee granules in the 1 tablespoon of water.
- Add the coffee mixture, eggs and vanilla to the large bowl and beat until combined.
- Now beat in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder.
- Stir the chocolate chips into the cookie dough.
- Roughly shape dough into 1 1/2-2 inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheets.
- Bake cookie sheets one at a time in a 350'F oven for 10-12 minutes or until the tops no longer appear glossy and the bottom edge just starts to get darker.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve warm or cool.
- For the last batch use the coolest cookie sheet. Do not place unbaked cookie dough on a hot cookie sheet.
- To keep cookies soft store in a zip lock as soon as they are no longer warm.