Moist And Easy Mini Corn Dog Muffins Recipe
Mini Corn Dog Muffins
12-Cup Muffin Pan
Cooking With Cornmeal
Cornmeal is ground dried corn. It can be yellow, white or blue cornmeal (made from blue varieties of corn). There are also three types: coarse, medium and fine. The good thing is that cornmeal is gluten free. Cornmeal also provides a rich source of phosphorus, iron and fiber. It is also a good source of vitamin B-6, A, E and K. Using whole cornmeal in the diet can help with weight loss and improve your health significantly. You can use it for a variety of purposes, for making corn bread, spoon bread, pancakes, polenta and muffins.
This little muffins are for sure easy, delicious and fun!
Trigger Spray Bottle for Olive and Cooking Oils,
- 1 cup cornmeal, yellow
- 3/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 4 whole hot dogs, fat free
- 1 cup butermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, salt and baking soda in a mixing bowl
- In to another bowl, whisk together buttermilk,melted butter and eggs.
- Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir until moist.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of prepared mixture into each mini muffin cup. (fill each cup about halfway)
- Place 1 hot dog piece (1") into the center.
- Bake until golden and cooked through, about 12 -15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool 5 minutes, then remove from the pan.
- Serve with ketchup and mustard!
Step By Step InstructionsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Nutritional Facts for Corn Dog Muffins
|Serving size: 1 piece|
|Calories from Fat||72|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 8 g||12%|
|Saturated fat 3 g||15%|
|Carbohydrates 20 g||7%|
|Sugar 6 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 5 g||10%|
|Cholesterol 30 mg||10%|
|Sodium 402 mg||17%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Cornmeal vs All - Purpose Flour
Corn originated from Mexico, Tehuacan Valley
Waterwheel Powered Grindstone
Ground Gluten Free Cornmeal
Corn Dog Muffins - Healthy Food
My friends were seriously impressed with these muffins. This is a great alternative to the everyday sandwich. I served them with a spicy ketchup and a honey mustard dipping sauces.
Corn Dog Muffins are healthier than Corn Dogs, since they are baked, not fried.
Try Tufahija - Spicy Cooked & Baked Apples
- Tufahija - Spicy Cooked & Baked Apples Recipe
Tufahija - Spicy Cooked & Baked Apples Recipe. This delicious recipe originate from Persia and were introduced to the people of Balkan during the Ottoman Empire.
Blue Cornmeal Muffins Recipe by crazyhorsesghost
- A Taste Of Texas, Texas Chili, Blue Cornmeal Muffins and Texas Coleslaw
What's Cookin' In Texas. Most likely chili and here you'll find one of the best recipes for chili that you'll ever find any where. This is one of the best recipes for chili that you'll ever find any where. If your wanting to make a delicious bowl of