- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Mom's Fabulous Saltine Cracker Pie
My childhood favorite dessert
© May 2012
Mom loves to bake and try out new recipes. This is the one I always begged her to make. Try it and you will see why - It's so delicious!
Prep time looks long but it's not really - The majority of the time listed as prep time is actually refrigeration time that's recommended prior to serving.
- 3 egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 crushed soda crackers, roll out between plastic wrap
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 large package cream cheese
- 3/4 cup (skimpy) powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 oz. tub Cool Whip, (dairy recipe)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 can instant cherry pie filling
Crust and Filling
- Mix the first seven ingredients together for the crust. Press into a greased pie pan and bake in a 325 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- To make the filling, mix the cream cheese with powdered sugar. Whip the whipping cream, then add "or" use most of an 8 ounce tub of Cool Whip dairy recipe and vanilla. Add to cream cheese mixture. Pour filling over cooled crust. After putting the filling in the cooled crust, you can put one can of instant cherry pie filling on top and refrigerate, covered, 5 hours or longer.