How to make Chinna Vengaya or Onion Chutney South Indian Tamilnadu or Madras Style Recipe
Onion Chutney - Introduction
For all Readers who don't know what onion chutney is, you would get to know from the hub.
For others who know what onion chutney is, you might have come across lot many ways of making onion or chinna vengaya chutney or simply Vengaya chutney. But this is a typical South Indian Tamilnadu style of making Onion chutney.
I have considered the ingredients to make the good looking & mouth watery onion chutney only for 2 people.
Rate Here !
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 15 min
- Ready in: 30 min
- Yields: Serves for 2 people
- 250gms Small onion, (peel and cut into pieces)
- 2 Red chilies
- 10 Curry leaves
- Pinch of tamarind, (used as preservative)
- 1/2 tea spoon Salt
- 1 tea spoon Refined oil
- 2 tea spoon Coconut oil
- Put red chilies and little water in the mixie and grind till it becomes smooth paste
- Pour refined oil in the pan and put small onion, curry leaves and tamarind and fry till it becomes golden brown
- Wait for few minutes till the temperature reduces and now put the fried mixture and salt in the mixie with the grind chilies and grind it till it becomes a smooth paste
- Now pour this chutney in a vessel or container and pour the coconut oil on it and mix it well
- Onion can be served with all Dosa and Idly varieties
- If chutney is too spicy or hot, you could add very little coconut oil and serve