- 1 lb. beef, ground
- 1 lb. mild Italian sausage, ground
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup parsley
- mozzarella cheese, cubed
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, except for mozzarella cheese. Using your hands to combine is the easiest.
- Form a golf ball-sized ball of meat mixture and insert a piece of mozzarella cheese into the middle.
- Roll the ball again so that the cheese is completely covered.
- To cook in the oven: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare baking sheet or dish with nonstick spray. Bake meatballs for approximately 30 minutes. Slice meatball open to make sure it is fully cooked.
- To cook in a slow cooker: Choose your favorite red pasta sauce and pour half of the jar into the empty slow cooker. Add meatballs and pour the rest of the sauce on top. Turn on high and cook for 2-2.5 hours.
How to Serve and Store Meatballs
- With pasta, bread, and a salad.
- With rolls for meatball hoagies.
- As an appetizer for a party.
- You can freeze cooked or uncooked meatballs in freezer bags. Mark the date on the bag.
|Serving size: 3 meatballs|
|Calories from Fat||180|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 20 g||31%|
|Saturated fat 11 g||55%|
|Carbohydrates 9 g||3%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Protein 23 g||46%|
|Cholesterol 106 mg||35%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|