Mutton Stew In Pakistani & Indian Style
Mutton Stew - Ingredients & Direction
- Oil (1/2) Cup
- Onion (In small Sliced 4)
- Mutton (1/2 Kg)
- Garlic Chopped (1 Tbs)
- Ginger Chopped (1 Tbs)
- Coriander Powder (1 Tbs)
- Red Chili (5-6)
- Black Cardamom (1-2)
- Red Chilli Crushed (according to taste)
- Cinnamon (2)
- Black Pepper (whole 8-10)
- Cumin Seeds (powder ½ Tbs)
- Bay Leaf (whole 1-2)
- Yogurt ( ½ Cup)
- Whole Spice Powder (1 Tbs)
- Green Chilli ( 2-3 Chopped)
- Cloves (5-7)
- Salt (according to taste)
- Turmeric (1 Tbs)
- Tomatoes ( Chopped 3-5)
- Water ( 4-5 Cups)
- Fresh coriander leaves
Direction or Method:
- Firstly heat oil in a pot and add ginger, garlic and green chilli (in chopped form) fry them.
- Add mutton and fry it until change the colour.
- Add spices like (coriander powder + cloves+ black cardamom+ bay leaf+ black pepper+ cinnamon sticks+ cumin seeds+ crushed red chilli+ turmeric & coriander powder+ Salt)
- Cook 5mints and now add the tomato puree or crushed tomato and mix well.
- Add three cups of water and mix well of all side the pot. Cover and cook until meat is tender 80%. (More water can add if meat is not tender).
- Now add beater yogurt and mix well.
- Now add sliced onion and whole red chilli (if rounded shape cut into two)
- Cook until water dries and oil ooze out from the sides.
- Sprinkle whole spice powder and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Water quantity can exceed according meat requirement.
For color can use Kashmiri red chilli. Here I have used tomato puree for same purpose.
Make sure your yogurt not much sour.
© 2020 Maheen