My Apple Crisp Recipe
Autumn is my favorite season and I love fresh apples, especially Macintosh. I live just a few blocks from the Madison Wisconsin farmer's market, which is one of the best in the country. Every Saturday they have great fruit and vegetables and In September they have a great apple selection.
Macintosh is my personal favorite. Some people prefer other apples but Macs are my favorites, crisp and delicious, and I think they make a great apple crisp. I modified a recipe I came across because there was too much crisp and not enough apple. I think this recipe is just the right combination.
- 9 cups apple slices
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use cooking spray to coat bottom of 8 or 9 inch square pan.
- Peel, core and pare apples into thin slices.
- Arrange apples in bottom of oiled pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients together until butter is thoroughly incorporated.
- Bake apple crisp until topping is golden brown, about 30 minutes.