The Best Ever Pizza Dip
So I am definitely what you would call pizza obsessed. I LOVE tomato sauce and I LOVE cheese. Typically I roll up melted cheese in a tortilla and dip it into tomato sauce (I should tell you I'm also a dipper!), but it just wasn't cutting it anymore.
I wanted a pizza dip! Now I just can't get enough of it. Turns out neither can any of my friends. My husband suggested I make this for one of our regular get togethers at our house, and boy was it the star of the show! Now every time we go to a dinner or have someone over to our house, this pizza dip is requested!
If you like pizza as much as I do (and love dipping!), this is going to start being a regular in you home! Tomato sauce, cheese . . . How can you go wrong?! And what's even better this recipe has green onions, better known as scallions, in it. I just now discovered that this power food has vitamins in it that you can't get from any other food. Even better!
- 14 ounces pizza sauce
- 2 bunches green onions (scallions), diced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- (Optional) mushrooms, black olives, pepperoni, etc.
- Measure out and mix all ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl. Feel free to add in any pizza toppings that would truly make this an amazing dip for you and your family.
- I combine all of these ingredients in a large Country Crock butter tub because then I can simply put the lid on it and keep it fresh in the refrigerator between servings.
- In my Country Crock butter tub, covered, I heat it in 2 minute increments in the microwave until fully heated through. It usually takes about three rounds at 2 minutes each in the microwave.
- I spoon out small amounts of it in a bowl and eat it with chips! Yummy! But breadsticks or french bread slices would be amazing too!
|Serving size: 1 whole butter tub|
|Calories from Fat||135|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 15 g||23%|
|Saturated fat 9 g||45%|
|Unsaturated fat 5 g|
|Carbohydrates 20 g||7%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 9 g||18%|
|Cholesterol 44 mg||15%|
|Sodium 300 mg||13%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
This has got to be my favorite go-to snack during the day when I'm at home working on my books and writing more articles. I can whip it up in just a few minutes and be back on the couch with some chips in a simple commercial break.
Yummy, filling and absolutely scrumptious. Especially if you add your own personalized toppings to really make this recipe yours, you're really going to enjoy this!
I would love to hear back from you to see how you like it!
What's your favorite pizza topping?
More Recipes You Might Like
- Hot Corn Dip Recipe From Chef Emeril Lagasse
This hot corn dip recipe from Emeril Lagasse is not only an easy dip recipe but is absolutely delicious. Made with fresh corn, cheese, and lots of flavors, it's perfect for any party or gathering.
- The Best Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
The best around. Step by step instructions, Weight Watchers points, and instructional video. This is an easy must-serve.
- Easy Peasy Cheesy Velveeta Queso Dip
Queso dip, however, is not just cheese, but different types of melted cheeses combined with onions, tomatoes, peppers, and jalapenos for a creamy, spicy concoction.
- Quick and Easy Creamy Guacamole Dip
Avocado's support for heart and blood vessels might be surprising to some people who think about avocado as too high in fat for heart health, and many aspects of heart health are improved by avocado.
© 2013 Victoria Van Ness