- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
The Best Ever Pizza Dip
So I am definitely what you would call pizza obsessed. I LOVE tomato sauce and I LOVE cheese. Typically I roll up melted cheese in a tortilla and dip it into tomato sauce (I should tell you I'm also a dipper!), but it just wasn't cutting it anymore.
I wanted a pizza dip! Now I just can't get enough of it. Turns out neither can any of my friends. My husband suggested I make this for one of our regular get togethers at our house, and boy was it the star of the show! Now every time we go to a dinner or have someone over to our house, this pizza dip is requested!
If you like pizza as much as I do (and love dipping!), this is going to start being a regular in you home! Tomato sauce, cheese . . . How can you go wrong?! And what's even better this recipe has green onions, better known as scallions, in it. I just now discovered that this power food has vitamins in it that you can't get from any other food. Even better!
- 14 ounces pizza sauce
- 2 bunches green onions (scallions), diced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- (Optional) mushrooms, black olives, pepperoni, etc.
- Measure out and mix all ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl. Feel free to add in any pizza toppings that would truly make this an amazing dip for you and your family.
- I combine all of these ingredients in a large Country Crock butter tub because then I can simply put the lid on it and keep it fresh in the refrigerator between servings.
- In my Country Crock butter tub, covered, I heat it in 2 minute increments in the microwave until fully heated through. It usually takes about three rounds at 2 minutes each in the microwave.
- I spoon out small amounts of it in a bowl and eat it with chips! Yummy! But breadsticks or french bread slices would be amazing too!
|Serving size: 1 whole butter tub|
|Calories from Fat||135|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 15 g||23%|
|Saturated fat 9 g||45%|
|Unsaturated fat 5 g|
|Carbohydrates 20 g||7%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 9 g||18%|
|Cholesterol 44 mg||15%|
|Sodium 300 mg||13%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
This has got to be my favorite go-to snack during the day when I'm at home working on my books and writing more articles. I can whip it up in just a few minutes and be back on the couch with some chips in a simple commercial break.
Yummy, filling and absolutely scrumptious. Especially if you add your own personalized toppings to really make this recipe yours, you're really going to enjoy this!
I would love to hear back from you to see how you like it!