My Grandma's Three Best Quick and Easy Desserts
The first recipe I'm listing is my grandma's Danish Applesauce Cake. This was a favorite winter recipe not because it's a warm dish but because it warmed our hearts. We'd always have it after one of her great meals. Another recipe I wanted to share was her delicious Chocolate Chip Cake. The last but certainly not least delicious dessert recipe of hers is Rhubarb Custard Pie. I hope you try these wonderful recipes out and can enjoy them with your family and friends.
Danish Applesauce Cake
- 2 Cups Bread Crumbs
- 1 Stick Butter, Melted
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Cups Apple Sauce
- 1 Container of Cool Whip
- Mix bread crumbs, melted butter, and brown sugar. Pat bread crumb mixture into the bottom of an 8X11 glass dish. Leave some of them mixture aside.
- Put a layer of applesauce, a layer of cool whip, another layer of applesauce then put another layer of cool whip.
- Sprinkle remainder of bread crumb mixture on top, chill for at least an hour then serve
Chocolate Chip Cake
- 1 Package Duncan Hines Deluxe Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Package Chocolate Instant Pudding (4 serving size)
- 1 Cup Or More If You Prefer, Chocolate Chips or Chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pour the oil into a 13X9X2 inch pan and tilt pan until the bottom is covered with oil.
3. Put all the other ingredients into the pan; stir with a fork or spoon until blended, or about 2 minutes. Scrape sides of pan then spread batter evenly.
4. Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
5. Once it's cooled you can, if desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar then use a knife to loosen it from the sides. Cut and serve directly from the pan.
You can store leftovers loosely covered. Makes about 16-20 servings.
Rhubarb Custard Pie
- 3 Cups Rhubarb Cut Into 1 Inch Pieces
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 2 Tablespoons Whole Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Prepare your pie crust, or buy a pre-made one from the store.
3. Stir all ingredients together and pour into crust. Then dot with butter and bake at 400 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool then cut, serve and enjoy.
© 2018 Phil