How To Make My Homemade Marinara Sauce With Fresh Tomatoes
The Best Marinara I Have Ever Had
This is my Marinara recipe as requested. I have no clue how authentic it is but My family loves it. And for me it is the best that I have ever had. I hope y'all enjoy. I do not have a real photo of this but will ad one as soon as I do,
- 6 lb fresh plum tomatoes, chopped
- 10 large garlic cloves, chopped ( more or less to taste)
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 4-5 Tbsp Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 hot fresh chili pepper, diced
- 1c fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 1 c fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- To taste fresh Oregano, Basil,Rosemary, Black Pepper Salt
- 1/2 c dry white wine or broth, ( if you wont drink it don't cook with it)
- 2-3 tsp sugar
- in large pan over med heat saute chopped garlic, hot pepper and onion in olive oil until caramel color and soft.
- turn down to low heat, (remove from heat while you add wine unless you know how to deal with flames it might make) pour in the wine or broth and stir scrapping up all the bits off the bottom of the pan
- Add tomatoes and stir with wooden spoon ( DO NOT USE METAL)
- add black pepper and bay leaves. Let sauce simmer for about an hour, stirring occasionally.
- add all herbs and salt. Allow sauce to simmer at least three more hours.The longer the better. Remember to stir occasionally and if the sauce becomes to dry you can add some water or broth
- after it has simmered for at least three hours add sugar and taste. if it is still to acidic add more
- remove bay leaves before serving/storing
The sauce freezes well and will last for a few moths in the freezer. you can add meat or sever as is with meat balls, as pizza sauce or on pasta.
Cookbooks You Might Love
My Other Recipes You Might Like
- How To Make Homemade Pasta Noodles With Recipes And Sauces
An Easy to Make homemade pasta with out a pasta machine and two sauces to go with.
- What The Fork Are You Cooking: 3 Of The Best Vegan French Toast Recipes
- Fresh Pineapple Chicken Recipe
Chicken made with fresh pineapple, ginger and orange. A family favorite. With a recipe for steamed rice.
- The Best Southern Buttermilk Biscuits
You will love these homemade buttermilk biscuits.
- Easy Gravy Recipes
East gravy recipe for anything you need